Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] peer hit data..

On 5/31/05, Kapil <kapil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm new to squid.
> I have setup 2 squid boxes(mm15, mm16) as each other's peer.
>
> 1) Does this info show that peer look up is working ?
> 2) Sorry for the dump question, but how did you figure that out ?
> 3) Peer look up is happening over UDP, so from where does
> "TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT" come from ?
> 4) Does it mean (UDP_HIT - TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT ) were the only good

The  TCP_NEGATIVE_HIT 100% indicates that of the 2,980 requests
made to a peer, all 2,980 failed.

IIRC, the behavior you are seeing is the result of allowing each peer
to ICP query the other in an icp_access rule, but omitting to also
add a http_access rule to allow the peers to retrieve objects from
each other via TCP.

Kevin Kadow