Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] squid running on Linux vs. squid running on FreeBSD

On Tue, 31 May 2005, Yaser Mahmood wrote:

Please briefly describe or provide me with some link, I want to know
about the difference between squid running on Linux vs. squid running on
FreeBSD. In terms of reliability stability performance

Both (provided proper config) have about the same level of reliability, stability and performance.

Remember to secure your OS if your server is directly connected to the Internet, and don't have more network services running than you actually use.

The general recommendation is to select the one you are most familiar with, as the OS maintenance is quite different depending on what OS you select.

Regards
Henrik