Search squid archive

[squid-users] Content Filtering Solutions

I work in the security assessment field and currently utilize Websense for content monitoring. My license for websense will be up in a month and would like to replace it with an open source solution.

Are there any open source solutions that will allow me to use a spanned (mirrored) port on a switch to monitor traffic, specifically web traffic and match that traffic against a blacklist, such as urlblacklist.com's list. I just want to monitor the traffic and be able to provide a report based on what users within an organization are looking at by passively sniffic the traffic on the spanned port.

I know this isn't directly related to squid, but I would like to then recommend squid/dansguardian to be used for content filtering in some cases.

Any ideas?