Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] DNS Error

On Wed, 25 May 2005, hpmysql wrote:

Recently, we encounter this website: my.calendars.net, it resolves to
41 ipaddresses. When the reply hit squid, squid reports dns error and
says the reply is truncated.

Hmm.. normally Squid is happy with truncated DNS replies.

Are you using the (default) internal DNS client, or the external dnsserver based DNS client (--disable-internal-dns configure option)?

Do you allow TCP port 53 to/from your DNS Servers?

Regards
Henrik