Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Squid Passwords - how do i change?

On Wed, 18 May 2005, John Walubengo wrote:

I am having a quick one here.

I consultant set up my squid to allow internet access
through just two users: Staff and Student.

I now want to:
i) Change the passwords for the above User names.
ii) Move onto to give individual username/passwords scheme
for the various users.

How can i do this quickly and simply?

First identify the authentication mechanism from your squid.conf. Most likely ncsa_auth is used. Look for "auth_param" (or "authenicator_program" in older versions).

If ncsa_auth is used then the argument given to ncsa_auth is the password file used by your Squid. This password file is maintained with the htpasswd command from Apache.

Regards
Henrik