Search squid archive

RE: [squid-users] FW: WCCP and Fedora 3 not working

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Damian-Grint Philip wrote:

Well my use of the word 'downgrade' is misleading - you need to build a
kernel from source if you want to be able to load your own modules and I
just built one that was lower than what FC3 + yum left me with.

Most if not all Linux-2.6 based systems automatically install the required headers for building custom modules in /lib/modules/.../build/.

The Makefiles shipped with the ip_wccp module (tarball varsion) automatically detects this.

The proper method for Linux-2.6.9 and later is to use ip_gre, not ip_wccp. I have not verified the operation of either however (only maintain ip_wccp based on user feedback).

Regards
Henrik