Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] error in /var/log/messages

On Fri, 13 May 2005, kodel wrote:

Hi all

I just installed squid (squid-2.5.STABLE8) and its running smooth, but when I check in /var/log/messages I got this two kind of error (actually I don't know if these an error or just common messages from squid)

squid[15230]: Squid Parent: child process 23991 started
kernel: pid 23991 (squid), uid 65534: exited on signal 6

1. Why this squid always restarted and can somebody figure it out what's the meaning of 'exited on signal 6' ?

See cache.log for more details

Signal 6 is when the application (squid) commits sucide due to some fatal condition preventing it from continuing.

2. For the second error messages, I guess there is something wrong in squid.conf. Is there any clue what tag should I configure for this..?

The RST message is an side effect of Squid getting restarted terminating all pending connections.

Regards
Henrik