Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Squid on AIX

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Joost de Heer wrote:

Does anyone have Squid running on AIX? The company I work for recently
took over managing the IT-infrastructure of a large company, and part of
that infrastructure were two squid's on AIX 5.1. The servers are currently
running Squid 2.4STABLE7, and I'd like to upgrade this to 2.5.

Good idea.

Some questions:
- In the FAQ, setting some environment vars for allowing more than 256 MB
memory are mentioned. However, in the (scarce) documentation I got from
the previous operator, I read that IBM told them that that doesn't always
work. Is this still the case?

Can't help you there. Know very little about AIX.

- The old maintainer also mentioned that there were problems with
passwords with $ and other 'strange' characters in passwords when using
Squid 2.5 on AIX. These problems didn't occur on a Linux machine. Is this
a known issue? As authenticator scheme, squid_auth_rad is used.

This shouldn't be OS dependent.

For strange characters for work with Squid-2.5 you need to use an authenticator designed to be used with Squid-2.5.

The radius helper available from http://www.squid-cache.org/contrib/squid_radius_auth/ should work fine with Squid-2.5.

Regards
Henrik