Search squid archive

[squid-users] Google images issue

>I have a user who went to look up a winnebago (no...really..) as a
>reference for artwork.  He kept getting page cannot be retrieved access
>denied.  The strange thing is that it won't even look up winnebago as a
>web search although I can type "hard drive" in images and web and they
>both work.  I went looking through the acl blacklists I have set up and
>removed any reference to images.google.com and google.com yet it still
>says access denied on a search for winnebago.  Any idea as to to track
>down what is causing the denied hit??  I've tailed the access.log file
>and it only prints one line:
>
>1116946703.711    154 192.168.17.210 TCP_DENIED/403 1434 GET
>http://images.google.com/images? - NONE/- text/html
>
>Is there a way to kick up the verbosity or another way to find the
>offense??

Blacklists can be based on domain, URL, URL path etc.  Which are you using?

If you are using regular expressions then you should look at
http://www.regular-expressions.info/tutorial.html

With both domains and regular expressions, syntax is critical, especially for leading dots.

Probably something in your blacklist is inadvertently matching part of the string
'winnebago', although when I do that the log does point to the rule which denied me.

I use debug_options ALL,1 33,2

Don't ask me what that means.