Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Error when working at secure sites

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Rafael Paris wrote:

I'm having problems working with online banks. I'm able to login and perform
basic operations but, when trying to modify a service which requires a
security question and password to continue I get the following error...

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: www3.todo1.com:443

The following error was encountered:

   * Connection Failed

The system returned:

(110) Connection timed out

Are you inside a proxy firewall, requiring the use of a parent proxy? If so see the FAQ on how to use Squid inside a firewall.

If not verify your firewalling, making sure that your Squid is allowed to go to port 443 of the requested server. Also see the "Operating system dependent oddities" section in the FAQ as there is a lot of broken firewalls out on the Internet getting confused by Squid running on modern OS:es..

Regards
Henrik