Search squid archive

RE: [squid-users] SquidNT: Strange log entries.

Hi,

At 15.34 18/05/2005, Holton, Euan wrote:

I didn't think there would be :)  Rotation is done at midnight on
Sundays using a scheduled task, which literally just says
c:\squid\sbin\squid -k rotate -n SquidNT.

Correct.

> >I may update to the latest binaries (2.5 STABLE 9) you offer on your
> >download page.  Are there any "gotchas" that should be
> considered before
> >doing so?
>
> Teorically no, but it's always a good idea make a test your
> configuration
> on a non production machine.

Oh how I wish I had a spare server for that :(

Looking at the zip contents, it looks like I'll be able to backup the
current version to a different folder (other than the logs!), then stop
Squid and unzip the new version on top of the current version, and
finally restart Squid.  I'll also need to copy the new cachemgi.cgi to
where IIS hosts it from.  That way I'll update all the executables in
one swoop.

Don't forget to compare your squid.conf with the new squid.conf.default for new squid.conf directives.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1           10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135  Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/