Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] ERR_DNS_FAIL

On Tue, 3 May 2005, budsz wrote:

Now, I'am running with squid-2.5.STABLE8. If I do restart my box,
squid always problem with ERR_DNS_FAIL in access.log. This can solve
with restart daemon squid and everything is OK. But after a few day I
get the some problem again, the solution restart again daemon squid.
What going on here, can somebody explain to me what happen it is and
how to fix this problem.

Sounds like your Squid is not picking up the proper DNS settings.

Squid reads /etc/resolv.conf on startup for the DNS settings.

Regards
Henrik