Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Cache size full !!

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Wennie V. Lagmay wrote:

Deleting the cache directory will delete all the objects, Am I right, It means that I will start from scartch, If I not mistaken there is a configuration in squid that depending on the threshold you define, It will automatically delete files. Am I right? Is that that low water high water mark?

Yes. See the cache_dir line in your squid.conf. The size specified is the upper size Squid is allowed to use for cache.

Please note that this size is only the cache size, and does not include logs etc. You also need to set up log rotation to periodically trim down the logs.

Regards
Henrik