Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] dns lookups

From: "Kevin" <kkadow@xxxxxxxxx>

If you reconfigure squid using the "--disable-internal-dns" flag,
recompile, and re-install, squid will go back to the old behavior of
using "dnsserver" with the system resolver library (which obeys
/etc/resolv.conf), instead of the embedded DNS code.

This should address  your problem, but may cause other
problems in the long run. The "--disable-internal-dns" configure
option is deprecated, as the dnsserver solution is inefficient,
does not scale well.  This could work out okay on a lightly loaded
cache serving a limited number of users.

Thanks for that info Kevin. I use the binary packages from Debian because 'They Just WorkT'. Compiling my own packages are not an option for me at present. A Proxy Automatic Configuration script might be the best long term solution. I would've thought that there would be "disable_internal_dns" option or something to that extent in the squid.conf. I mean if a PAC script can do it without a recompile..... Thanks again Kevin.

regards,
Dietrich