Search squid archive

Re: Re: Re: [squid-users] SquidNT service: new start problems

Hi,

At 08.35 07/05/2005, eupec@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>I've checked the PID 1228, but is not Squid: PID 1228 belongs to
>svchost.exe. Squid is not present in the process table, so file
>squid.exe.log have a nonsense content for me (squid isn't running at all).

I have just done some tests:

- Stopped SquidNT service
- Created a squid.pid file with a PID of a svchost.exe running instance
- Started again SquidNT service, without any problem

The machine was my Windows 2000 SP4 development workstation.

Hi Guido,
these are the SquidNT parameters, taken from the win 2000 server service manager :

Nothing special here.

The strange thing is, why your squid.pid is still present at boot time ?

What is the value for the shutdown_lifetime directive in your squid.conf ?

If you are using the default value (30 seconds), try a lower value. May be that your machine shutdowns too quickly without waiting for the Squid shutdown, even if it should do it.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1           10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135  Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/