Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Squid/ldap authentication via Novell NDS

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Daniel Lim wrote:

I am using Squid-2.5-STABLE7 as proxy on SLES 8 for users to
authenticate the browser access to the internet, the password
authentication works well until the Novell NDS changed to a new tree
structure which I have also changed accordingly in the squid.conf.

Is this new tree set to allow plain text authentication?

From what I remember NDS is by default a little picky about plain text
authentication and requires the connection to be SSL encrypted..

I could not see anything obviously wrong in your configuration, but I would recommend running squid_ldap_auth and squid_ldap_group from the command line to verify the functionality of each part.

Both also have a -d flag to make them a little more verbose about what they are doing.

Regards
Henrik