Search squid archive

[squid-users] duplicate pids?

Working system, running squid and dans guardian.  Upon rebooting, dansguardian says unable to contact temp proxy.  Normally this means squid is not running.

A "pgrep squid" shows multiple pids.

1 - is that normal?
2 - more for th DG folks maybe, but what else might cause squid to not be seen by DG?

Running a flavor of IP trace, I can see that when DG is initiated, there is a RESET on 127.0.0.1:3128.

I guess that means DG was rejected when trying to make friends with squid.  A slippery proposition, to be sure.

joea