Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Problem with https

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, sasa wrote:

I have a problem with https (http redirect to https web site), the error message is:

While trying to retrieve the URL: <http:443>
The following error was encountered:
Unable to determine IP address from host name for http
The dnsserver returned:
Server Failure: The name server was unable to process this query.
This

.. on proxy/firewall box the dns server it's ok.
This problem is present only on all win2000sp4 pc but no on winxp machine (all use same dns server).
Thanks.

Looks like a broken browser version to me, getting totally confused when the server redirects him to https on the same server...

you can try

  client_persistent_connections off

this sometimes helps working around broken browsers.

Regards
Henrik