Search squid archive

RE: [squid-users] Squid_Ldap_Auth error "Cant Contact LDAP Server"

> Hello
> I am having a squid proxy running with ldap
> authentication from MS-ADS. It was working fine till
> now but today morning onwards its giving me a strange
> problem.
> in cache.log I could see :- squid_ldap_auth WARNING,
> Ldap Serch Error 'Cant Contact LDAP Server'
>
> I have checked everything as nothing has been changed
> in previous days. Now when I try to use
> squid_ldap_auth from the command line its giving me
> the same error.
> Now pls let me know what is going wrong
> I have done some googling but it didnt helped me much

 - Check whether the LDAP server is running on the MS-AD box.
   * Check eventvwr , watchout for system or app. errors.

 - Verify further by contacting the LDAP server manually from the squid box.
   squidhost % telnet ms-ads_host 443

   Should at least establish a connection.

   M.