Search squid archive

[squid-users] Internet Explorer chops Squid Error page

We have configured Squid to allow access only to a limited list of
"trusted" SSL sites:

acl all_https proto ^https
acl httpslist url_regex -i "/opt/squid/etc/httpslist.txt"
http_access allow httpslist
http_access deny all_https !httpslist

We use Internet Explorer (6.0 on Windows XP) as Browser.

When going to a "forbidden" SSL site, the Error page delivered by Squid is
not completely displayed by Internet Explorer. In fact, the whole page is
delivered to the computer (monitored on the client computer by ethereal
e.g.), but only the first 698 characters (whole text including HTTP
headers) are displayed.

When using another Browser (Mozilla Firefox 1.0), the whole Error page is
displayed correctly. Also, when going to "forbidden" HTTP sites, the whole
Error page is displayed by BOTH Browsers.

The "chopped error page" only occurs for IE in the case of "forbidden" SSL
sites. The problem is present even in a fresh install of Windows XP. So it
all points to some severe IE problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

      Martin Jurczok