Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Problem with squid / Plumtree Portal

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Fred Clark wrote:

As the real prodduction impact issue is the dnsserver
failure, is there any way to keep this from happening,
short of going to internal dns?

You could try configure more than 32 dnsserver helpers..

In Squid-2.5 it does not seem to be limited to 32 dnsserver helpers even if the squid.conf.default still says the max is 32.

We would love to impliment this, but unfortuanately we have too many internal web sites that were written with short host name sthat would fail if we didn't stay with dnsserver...

Isn't append_domain sufficient for your needs in this, or do you have more than one internal domain where these sites are located?

Regards
Henrik