Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] squid authentication details when using NTLM integrated authentication

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Brett Lymn wrote:

We have added websense to the mixture, this also works fine and good mostly
except for one small thing - when squid passes the authentication details
to the Websense redirector the '\' character has been encoded as a %5c

yes..

which I can understand but the Websense people see this as an issue and
their AD lookups fail because they don't parse on the %5c.

Then they only support Squid-2.5.STABLE4 or earlier. See the release notes.

The reason to this change is to make sure the redirector protocol does not break down should there be a login with a space in it's name. See the patch link below.

Websense support are claiming that I must have configured something incorrectly but, for the life of me, I cannot see anything to configure for this. Am I missing something here?

This is not configurable, but you can back out the relevant change from the source if you like.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/bugs/#squid-2.5.STABLE4-redirect_login_space

For the moment I have chained a redirector in front of theirs that rewrites
the %5c sequence back into a \ character - all works and is happy but it
annoys me that I need to blow another n processes simply to work around
what I think is a bug in Websense.

Agreed.

Regards
Henrik