Search squid archive

RE: [squid-users] Squid behind a Proxy - Username / Password for ALL office-members!

> Hello,...
>
> i have setup a squid-proxy in my office last week - under
> windows 2000.
>
> The insatallation and configuration wasn´t a problem - only one thing:
>
> The internet-account in my office is registrated to my name -
> that means,
> that ALL other office-partners are surfing on my account.
> That means, that all office-partners using MY username / passwaord.
>
> That thing is controlled by the log-file.
>
> Now my Problem:
>
> The Internet-Account is being provided by another office of
> my company.
> That means that i must authentificate on another proxy with
> MY username /
> proxy.
>

> I don´t want to give MY username / password to all users of my office.
>
> I only want to give the username/password to squid!!!
>
> But i don´t find the answer to give THIS username / password to squid.

  Configure you local squid to use that 'other proxy' as a parent.
  See the cache_peer directive in squid.conf.default (and comments)

  With 'cache_peer' you have an option 'login=user:password' ; you
  can provide those identifcation data in there.

  Your  local squid will now always use those credentials when accessing
  the company or other proxy (the one that needs a password).

  M.