Search squid archive

[squid-users] Re: Squid excess data

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, Ronny T. Lampert wrote:

The excess data message is just a warning, it doesn't make Squid behave differently from before except in some rare corner cases where it stops deliberate cache pollution (this condition is very unlikely to happen due to accidental server bug).

Ah, thanks for clarifying! I thought the data was generally truncated or somesuch.

The data is truncated to the length specified by the web server, but this has not changed and has been the case for as long as I can remember. Only change is that Squid now tells you when this happens.

Regards
Henrik