Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] bypassing a specific site

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, kavos gabor wrote:

I have a squid running on my LAN IP 192.168.30.1 and i want this IP not be tunneled through squid. How do i bypass this site /IP or any site from squid. Its like opposite of denying a specific site.

This has to be done where the browser is directed to Squid. It can not be done in Squid as when the request reaches Squid it is already too late to bypass Squid.

Or in other words the browsers proxy settings by adding the site to the browsers "No proxy for" entry in the proxy settings, or the acls of the router doing interception if you are running a transparently intercepting proxy.

Regards
Henrik