Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] multiple vhosts problem

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Michael Pye wrote:

I've since decided to leave the URLs as they are and not use a
redirector, but let squid think that all vhosts that come in are local,
(they are in the local hosts file as 127.0.0.1) and let a small load
balancing binary (balance from http://www.inlab.de/balance.html) farm
out the requests to the web servers.

Provided your web servers is not sensitive on the host name you cna still use a redirector, just make sure to rewrite to a unique host name per vhost per server.

Personally I prefer letting Squid do the load balancing via the cache_peer directive, but admittedly with standard Squid you are somewhat limited in the load balancing algorithms.

Regards
Henrik