Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] How to Squid-Websense

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 01:47:43PM -0500, Corey Tyndall wrote:
> I get the same error when entering in Filtering service IP addr.
>
>  "The Filtering Service provided does not
> support a remote plug-in. Select another Filtering
> Service".
>
> Any ideas??

Yes, install the policy server on the linux machine and push the policy
to the linux machine.  I am not entirely sure why you don't want to do
this.  At the risk of sounding like a Websense salesdroid, the Websense
infrastructure is quite flexible and can be distributed quite well.  You
_can_ centralise your policy management and push the policy to the
squid proxies.  You _don't_ have to run the network agent on the same machine,
you _can_ send your logs to the win2k machine.  Why do you both insist on
making the win2k box do everything when it does not need to?

--
Brett Lymn