Search squid archive

[squid-users] ESI

Hello,

Does ESI work in Squid 3.0? I have already been struggling with it for several days and not managed to use it.

I'm trying to use squid-3.0-PRE3-20050228, and also tried some builds from January 2005.

I tried to run it on RedHat Enterprise 3, and also on SuSe with JBoss.

After compiling squid - which was not a simple task, as there are conflicts between expat and libxml2, squid does not cache anything but stylesheets and images.

Pages are assembled fine (I use <esi:include> tag), but the content is not cached - I can see it in the access log, and also by tracing tcp activity.

My feeling is that maybe ESI used to work in some old releases, but now it is rotten. Is there anybody using it successfully NOW???

Please help me,
Michal Pietrusinski