Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] ideas for getting this to work with squid

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005, Ray Charles wrote:

I would expect that once the object is received from
the origin server it gets cached, but I am seeing that
its not being cached.

collapsed_forwarding only works for objects which can be cached by Squid. For uncacheable contents it only delays the second+ clients slightly until it is found the object could not be cached, at which point they will all go to the web server. If the response is cacheable they all get the same reply.

I would suggest starting by looking into why your Squid is not caching the objects as this seems to be the key issue for your problem.

Regards
Henrik