Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Testing cacheability of objects

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Ray Charles wrote:

I've been finding some docs online that suggest that
URLS that contain ? are not cacheable.  I think that
this was once, perhaps long ago, the default behavior
but is it still the case??

It's still in the default suggested squid.conf, but purely optional and Squid won't enforce this if you delete it from your squid.conf.

Anyone know if there's a good test for cacheability of
objects?? I found this  one..
http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py

It is a very fine tool for the job.

the main URL for this tool is http://www.mnot.net/cacheability/, as found in our Related Software section.