Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5 and FreeBSD with Interception Caching

Hi Henrik,

Thanks a lot for the detailed trouble shooting guide.

For me parts 0,1 are working fine.

>From router which is running WCCP, I get this. I think
the communication between router and squid is ok.

        IP Address:            freebsd.squid.ip
        Protocol Version:      0.4
        State:                 Usable
        Initial Hash Info:
00000000000000000000000000000000

00000000000000000000000000000000
        Assigned Hash Info:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF0000000000000000

00000000000000000000000000000000
        Hash Allotment:        64 (25.00%)
        Packets Redirected:    4014
        Connect Time:          00:01:20

However when i do a tcpdump I get these:

15:29:21.711454 IP xxx.xxx.xx.xxx > squid.host.name:
gre-proto-0x883e
15:29:21.776422 IP xxx.xxx.xx.xxx > squid.host.name:
gre-proto-0x883e
15:29:21.798789 IP xxx.xxx.xx.xxx > squid.host.name:
gre-proto-0x883e
15:29:21.832701 IP xxx.xxx.xx.xxx > squid.host.name:
gre-proto-0x883e

Can this be the problem?  Is this due to OS not  being
supported WCCP/GRE decapsulation? I compiled the
kernel as well, with following options.

options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
device		gre

My firewall rules shows the following:

00100   116    7263 fwd 127.0.0.1,3128 tcp from any to
any dst-port 80 in
00200    67   43720 allow tcp from any 80 to
203.143.10.131 in
00300     5     360 allow gre from router.ip to
squid.server.ip
65535 40340 4059099 allow ip from any to any

I don't see much packets on the counter for rule
00100. How can I overcome this?

Regards,

Lakmal

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!