Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Help with squid source code

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Sangeeta Chachlani wrote:

I need to understand the source code of squid as to where is it
actually picking the webpages if they are cached when they are
requested. Is there any documentation that I can refer to understand
what the various C files are doing in the source code of squid.

There is the (incomplete) programmers guide, and ofcourse the source itself...

Or if anyone of you has played around with this and can provide with
some pointers that shall be helpful.

If I understand your question correct then what you ask for is in client_side.c. Mainly the call to storeGetPublicByRequest() in clientProcessRequest2() (a subsection of clientProcessRequest()).

If you have additional questions on the internals of code I would suggest moving the discussion to squid-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

REgards
Henrik