Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.0-PRE3 SSL reverse proxy

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Andrew McKinney wrote:

The two config files are very similar, differing only on the cache_peer and http_port (for crt info) lines. The symptoms of the ASP issue are, that after I authenticate successfully to squid/winbindd, I am prompted with the old three field NTLM Ruth box. Username, password and domain box.

How are you forwarding the requests to the web server?

What does Squid access.log indicate when this happens?

Any ideas, really stuck with this one? Unfortunately I have no control over the asp application, and it does require Integrated authentication.. Squid logs seem to be normal.

Squid can not log in to an application requiring Microsoft Integrated authentication, nor can it proxy Microsoft Integrated authentication.

There is a separate autehentication proxy which can act as a authentication gateway to servers requiring Microsoft Integrated authentication. See the related software section. This proxy can either login in with a fixed username+password pair, or act as a basic->NTLM gateway.

Regards
Henrik