Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Failing to restart squid

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Mario Maradiaga wrote:

I´m having trouble with squid on my Fedora Core 2 box, what´s happening is that every two weeks or so the squid service will shut itself down

Any hints in cache.log to why?

and when I try to restart it it always fails.

Any errors received telling why it fails?

I´ve tried cleaning the log files to be able to start it again but no luck, tried reinstalling squid and it didn´t work either. I´ve already reinstalled Fedora twice because of this, its the only way I get it to work..

Not sure if Fedora is using the same broken init script as RedHat were using. If they are then try removing /var/lock/subsys/squid, or start Squid manually by running

   /usr/sbin/squid

Regards
Henrik