Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Http Tunelling Question

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, MailAdmin wrote:

1. I need to use emule software with proxy but it does'nt work.
  how should I change  sqid.conf file?

emule is not suitable to be proxied over HTTP. You should look into using another kind of proxy (in addition to Squid) for this purpose. I would recommend using a SOCKS proxy.

I suppose they are using the CONNECT method for their HTTP proxy mode.

2. I want to restrict http tunelling request through squid .
  How can I do it?

By http_access rules limiting who may do what where.

Regards
Henrik