Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] WCCP Compilation Error

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005, Scott Phalen wrote:

I am building squid (2.5STABLE7) on a new RHEL 3 AS dell server (kernel
2.4.21-4.ELsmp).  When compiling the ip_wccp module I get the following
error:

Which exact version of the ip_wccp module?

I have searched the archives and google but can't find any solutions for
this.  I tried using the latest ip_wccp.c file from squid-cache.org and a
file I used successfully on AS 2.1 a year ago.  Any guidance is greatly
appreciated!

From the error it looks like RH AS again has changed the network driver
API of their kernel making them different from the rest of the Linux world.

The module has been tested on standard Linux 2.4 and 2.6, RedHat 9, Fedora Core 1 and 2 and a few other Linux dialects including some RH AS versions.

If someone with RedHat AS 3 figures out what they have done to their Linux kernel this time, and a good way of detecting it I am happy to update the ip_wccp module accordingly.

Regards
Henrik