Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Problem DNS server

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 florent.beyssac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

In our company, we use proxy SQUID 2.4STABLE7.  We noticed that a proxy
SQUID always makes a resolution DNS before forwarder a request with the
proxy relative.  Is this normal?

Depends mainly on your access controls. If you have access controls based on the destination IP then Squid has little choice.

If your access controls never require the destination IP then no DNS lookup should be done when inside a protected network with a parent proxy firewall.

Regards
Henrik