Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Squid encodes data - auth helper

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Janno de Wit wrote:

Hi Folks,

Squid: 2.5 stable 6
Linux-2.6.9.

I found out when debugging that Squid HTML-encodes the username and
password before it pushes it into the Basic Auth helper.

Yes, as mentioned in the Squid-2.5 release notes squid URL-encodes odd characters in usernames or passwords. This to ensure stability in the text based protocol used.

You need to URL-decode the input data after splitting the fields in username & password to make sense of them.

I have a updated and cleaned up version of squid_radius_auth by Marc van Selm where these adjustments have been done and a bit more. This is available from http://www.squid-cache.org/contrib/squid_radius_auth/ or the squid-cache.org CVS repository.

Regards
Henrik