Search squid archive

[squid-users] two simple questions

Hi,

Just 2 quickies...

1) Does squid cache objects locally fetched from a SIBLING parent?, and

2) Whilst I know squid is not a RTSP / MMS / <add your fav streaming protocol here>, what is the standing on HTTP streaming?

Things like NetAPP proxies have a feature where a stream is fetched only once, and then distributed from the cache to the clients accessing the specific stream.

Can something similar be possible on squid (obviously, limited to HTTP streaming only). I'm mostly interested in somehow getting shoutcast streams to be fetched only once and distributed from the cache to clients. Thus, I actually only have one connection from the proxy to the stream, and can have say 40 from the proxy to the clients.... I hope this makes sense...

--
Chris.