Search squid archive

[squid-users] Re: Is there a way to bypass squid for any destination ip address ?

Please don't ask a new question by replying to another post - instead, post
a new message to the list.

Nont Banditwong wrote:

> My transparency squid box redirect packet which has destination port 80 to
> 3128 by this iptable command
>
> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
> --to-port 3128
>
> but I don't want clients access some destination ip address through squid,
> Is there a way to bypass squid by add some iptables command ?

(This question really belongs on an iptables list.)

Before the REDIRECT line above, add iptables rules similar to this:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -d a.b.c.d -j ACCEPT

where "a.b.c.d" is the IP address of the server to bypass Squid for. Also,
be sure to allow port 80 traffic in your FORWARD chain.

Adam