Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Slow file download / read_timeout

adame780@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Checked the duplex and both were auto. Set both to full and still have the same problem. (HP server w/Intel NIC, Cisco switch).

Actually, the new Cisco recommendation is to make sure that all devices that can autonegotiate are setup to autonegatiate. Hard coding speed/duplex is now considered obsolete and should only be used in very rare circumstances, or with older hardware/drivers. There is actually a Cisco bug ID on this, but I can't seem to find it right now. I also seem to remember that this bug stated that 100/Half was the most compatible if you did have to set them, but don't quote me on that part.

-Russ Uhte, CCNP
---