Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] LVS/TUN or LVS/DR

Andrew Sawyers wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Nordstrom [mailto:hno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2005 6:14 PM
To: Andrew Sawyers
Cc: 'Henrik Nordstrom'; 'Askar'; 'Squid Users'
Subject: RE: [squid-users] LVS/TUN or LVS/DR

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Andrew Sawyers wrote:

Any particular reason why you're after DR mode? I have several squids

load

balanced in masq mode and we're able to handle more traffic then most

sites

can aspire too - with basically 0 load on the LVS server.

If you do interception then LVS must not NAT the destination IP of the
connections, or else Squid has no way of figuring out what the original
destination was on HTTP/1.0 requests without Host header.

Excellent, thanks - that solves that. :)

Regards
Henrik

Andrew

Thank you all for your time and patience that clear the concept of LVS to me, I will come back with my queries regarding LVS if we got problem during actaul migration to LVS.

Regards