Search squid archive

RE: [squid-users] Allow msn messenger but no porn

acl salesmanagerIP src 1.2.3.4/255.255.255.255 # Change the IP address as
appropriate

> The http_access looks kinda like this:
> http_access deny paginas
> ....some other acl's

http_access allow salesmanagerIP msn  # Allow the sales manager's IP to use
msn through squid

> http_access deny msn
> ....some other acl's
> http_access allow office password
>
> Like I said the IT pc´s are not included on the squid configuration file
> because they're doing NAT directly through the firewall.
> I am now required to allow acces to the msn messenger only on one PC,
> the sales manager PC, but I don´t know how to give msn access to it
> without allowing it to view porn. Here´s what I tried: I added the ip to
> the NAT table on my firewall and removed it from the office ip list
> requiring password but left the Internet Explorer on the  pc still
> configured to access internet via squid, this way I think he will be
> able to access msn but still be affected by the acl´s on squid thus
> blocking the porn sites. But it didn`t work.
> Any ideas are welcome or point out anything I left out.
>
> Thanx,
>
> Mario Maradiaga

See the Access Control section of the Squid FAQ for more details
(http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html)

Chris