Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] Is this the correct patch to use?

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Ray Charles wrote:

I am running squid-2.5.stable-7 on RHEL-3. I am seeing
multiple requests for the same web object and its
creating a bottle-neck. The original request appears
to never be cachable.  After some reading and googling
I'am  thinking that the collapse_forwarding patch will
help me. What else should I check??

The collapsed_forwarding patch is explicitly designed for the situation you describe, but only when the reply is cacheable.

If the reply is not cacheable then collapsed_forwarding will cause additional latency as the second/third/... requests will then be delayed until Squid learns from the first request that the reply is not cacheable (repeated each time there is no concurren request for the same object).

Regards
Henrik