Search squid archive

RE: [squid-users] Reverse proxy redirector

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Brad Taylor wrote:

For some reason it is not.  It is changing the http to https but
changing the rest to what ever the value of httpd_accel in the
squid.conf file.  When ever I change that value I get redirected to the
changed value which is the back end server and bypasses the proxy.  Any
ideas on what I could try?

If your squid.conf is set up to accelerate using internally URLs pointing directly to the backend server then this is what the redirector will see.

You then have two options

a) Clean up your reverse proxy setup to not use the backend server address. See numerous posts on the subject mentioning /etc/hosts etc..

b) Modify the redirector to rewrite back to the public URL when sending the redirect.

Regards
Henrik