Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] RE: Betr.: RE: [squid-users] NNTP protocol port 119 throuh squid

On Feb 1, 2005, at 12:10 AM, Elsen Marc wrote:

I've already read the FAQ. I know that, but squid doesn't let the NNTP protocol through. So i can't use any news server any more. I want squid to stay off NNTP.

Squid doesn't need to proxy NNTP. Just let it through.
Can't i do it with always_direct?

 Squid isn't a firewall product.
 As stated, it does not understand nntp, and deals with
 http proxying only.

What this really means is that Squid isn't the problem. Some other program either a firewall or port redirector is getting in the way. Squid doesn't affect your NNTP traffic at all.

Good Luck,
Marty