Search squid archive

RE: [squid-users] NTLM authentication problem

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Hugues Ferland wrote:

I read that "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connection" should not be enabled
when using NTLM authentication with proxy. But even that as no effect -
disabled or enabled.

Honestly I have never understood exacly what the "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxies" option does, or why it is even needed. HTTP/1.1 is very well defined in how the client is supposed to behave in precense of HTTP/1.0 proxies and servers.

I just hope to find some documentation about "IE NTLM authentication with
proxy". So far I got nothing that could help me.

Not aware of very much documentation on this. Maybe there is some in the MSIE Administrator manuals or Resource Kit, but I doubt so. Try searching on MS Technet for any relevant techical administrator manuals for MSIE (the kind of manuals describing registry settings, IEAT integratoin details etc).

Regards
Henrik