Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] req_mime_type + no_cache

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Jeremy Shaffner wrote:

Greetings,

For the life of me I can't figure out why the following isn't working:

------8<-------

acl zip req_mime_type ^application/zip$
acl exe req_mime_type ^application/octet-stream$
acl msexe req_mime_type ^application/x-msdownload$

These mime types is almost never never seen in request entities.

I suspect you intended to use the rep_mime_type, not req_mime_type.

no_cache allow zip
no_cache allow exe
no_cache allow msexe
no_cache deny all

Note: no_cache works the opposite of what the name claims.. what you deny does not get cached.

Note2: You can merge all of those mime types in a single acl.

Regards
Henrik