Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] squid auth. using basic and ntlm

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005, Xavier Callejas wrote:

But like that IE works fine, but msn messenger don't, seems to be like msn
mssgr don't get the basic auth config.

Buth if I revert the order, basic first, IE ask for user and password and msn
mssgr works fine.

I am sorry, but you are running into this problem because neither MSIE of MSN Messenger works properly, and from what I can tell you can't work around both problems at the same time.

A HTTP client is supposed to select the strongest of the offered authentication methods, and to ignore the authenitcations methods it does not support. MSIE fails on the first critieria and requires ntlm to be first, msn messenger apparently fails on both criterias...

Regards
Henrik