Search squid archive

Re: [squid-users] System messages

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Awie wrote:

I found a lot of messages below in cache.log:

2005/01/26 13:24:11| httpReadReply: Excess data from "GET
http://search.lycos.com/default.asp?lpv=1&loc=searchhp&tab=web&query=mailto+comp.id";

This indicates the web server responded with a response containing more data than it claims in it's content-length header.

In this specific case the Content-Length header claims the response is 80 bytes large but the actual response is 83 bytes, at least in my tests using squidclient.

Some times this excess data is harmless but not always and it's hard for Squid to know the difference.

Regards
Henrik